Building the Board-CEO Relationship 301 Overview
The Building the Board/CEO Relationship 301 will enable you to complete the design of governance policies that will describe this vital relationship in one to three months of regular board and/or committee meetings.
The first part of the course shares the five most common barriers to a healthy Board/CEO or Board/Pastor relationship. You may be able to identify with one or more of them from your board experience.
The second describes that while we understand relationships that we use every day, we may still benefit from understanding the components of relationships that will help us to design the Board/CEO or Board/Pastor relationship.
Finally, we show how to build this relationship for documenting the Board/CEO or Board/Pastor relationship in policies in your Governance Manual.
• RM Governance Manual Table of Contents NFP and Church
• Role of the Board
• Board of Directors/Membership Relationship Description
• Delegating Authority and Responsibility to the CEO/Pastor/Administrator
• CEO/Pastor/Board Relationship Description
• CEO/Pastor Limitations and Expectations Policies
• Financial Condition (sample policy)
• Relationship Review Forms (Employee and Source of Authority)
• 301 Building the Board/CEO or Board/Pastor Relationship Handouts
The course includes one full year to use the video training. Each of your board members, CEO or Pastor and senior staff may register to use the video and download the attachments themselves. It’s an effective use of $8 each for a board and staff of fifteen – with CEO/Pastor and senior staff included! Choose your course below based on your organization type.